Members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure.
As leadership development is central to the mission of National Charity League, Inc., it is our goal to develop young women to be leaders in all aspects of their lives. This begins shortly after joining the chapter as newly inducted provisional members assume leadership roles within their grade level activities.
Class groups elect leaders to act as class officers each year. Officers are mentored by Grade Level Advisors as Ticktockers develop skills to lead their class throughout the 6 year commitments. The girls lead their own meetings, plan cultural events and philanthropies, set the direction for their class activities for the year and make decisions on the use of class funds.
Leadership opportunities for Patronesses include:
Under Membership VP:
- Membership Committee: This committee consists of one representative selected from each grade level.
Under Communications VP:
- Communications Team: Roles Available: Newsletter Editors, Public Relations, Reporter, Photographer, Social Media Coordinator
- Website Management Team: Assist with website content management, member contact info, file management, report production, other.
Under Philanthropy VP:
- Philanthropy Development Committee: Research and develop new philanthropy opportunities; review current philanthropy relationships for effectiveness and member satisfaction and support Grade Level Advisors in execution of Ticktocker grant applications.
- Philanthropy Projects Committee: Coordinate annual Philanthropy Day at May Awards and assist with philanthropy projects at General Member Meetings or Patroness Meetings.
Under Patroness Activities VP:
- Patroness Program Development Committee: Identify and secure dynamic speakers and develop meeting programs for General Meetings, Patroness Meetings and Mother Daughter Tea that support the three pillars of our mission: leadership, culture and philanthropy.
- Mother Daughter Tea Committee: Coordinate annual event, set up/take down, etc.
Class of 2017Ticktockers prepare for a meeting
Under Ticktocker VP:
- Ticktocker Program Development Committee: Assist with Ticktocker Council implementation; assist with Ticktocker elections issues, and back-up Ticktocker VP and Grade Level Advisors on big projects.
- Grade Level Advisor Committee: Grade Level Advisors only
Under Ways & Means VP:
- Ways & Means Committee: Manage the orders, sales, transactions and design approval of the Chapter’s NCL, Inc. logo-wear.
- Nominating Committee: Work with Parliamentarian to recruit nominees for the next Board of Directors.
Grade Level Officers
- Class Officers: Officers are self nominated and elected by class members each year. Officers and class members are trained in parliamentarian procedure and conduct their own meetings, with the support of Grade Level Advisors. The Officers and class members also organize philanthropy projects for their own purposes and/or for the Chapter to participate in